The following conditions are applicable to all our programs. Specific conditions are detailed in each specific program.
Refund and Claims || Changes || Booking - Administrative Fees || Passports and Visas
Rental Policies || Info
All prices are quoted in local currency "Euro" and are listed as a guide only. All prices include value added tax (I.V.A.)
Prices are inclusive of all specified in "inclusive of"
Prices are not inclusive of all not specified in "inclusive of"
Acceptance reservations are subject to availability at the moment of request. If Charming Italy is able to provide the service Charming Italy will then produce a confirmation of the details regarding the booking, by email. If Charming Italy is unable to provide the service a cancellation of the booking request will be sent by email.
Where two or more people are included on the same booking, the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party
A non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of booking.
The entire price must be paid at the time of confirmation.
Special terms can be agreed on a contract basis signed and accepted by both parts.
Customers must cancel the reservation by e-mail and the date of cancellation is calculated based on Italian standard time.
Cancellation of customized services:
In the event of cancellation, deposit and final payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We strongly recommend to provide your own travel insurance to protect your travel investment.
Cancellation of Guided Tours, Wine Tours, Cooking Classes, Shore Excursions, Transfers: Unless otherwise agreed, cancellations received between the date of service confirmation and until 45 calendar days prior to the date of service. A cancellation fee of 300 Euro will be applied in addition to any other cancellation fees that might apply for services and or products booked through Charming Italy. Services cancelled within 45 days of the date of service are non-refundable. No Show are not-refundable.
Cancellation of museums tickets, train tickets and other services:
In the event of cancellation, deposit and final payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
There is no refund on reservation fees and tickets of monuments that on few occasions are closed due to ceremonies, strikes and any kind of event that is out of our control.
Charming Italy maintains the right to cancel your booking at any time if Charming Italy feels it will be unable to supply you with the service you have requested in a correct manner.
Charming Italy acts as intermediary between clients and carefully selected service providers.
Charming Italy purchases hotel accommodations, transportation, restaurant and other services from various independent suppliers.
All such persons and entities are independent contractors independently owned and managed.
The Client by engaging Charming Italy and making full payment for the specified service agrees that Charming Italy cannot be held responsible for delays, damages, accidents, personal injuries, illness, acts of war, strikes or other labour, overbooking or downgrading of services, mechanical or other failure referring to the means of transportation or any activities or circumstances beyond our control and that any refund will be sought directly from the service provider.
Moreover it is not liable for any negligent or wilful act of any such person or entity or of any third person.
Tour prices includes the handling of two pieces of luggage per person. Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, Charming Italy reserve the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, to change the type of vehicle or refuse to transport the items.
Charming Italy is not responsible for any loss or damage luggage throughout the travel program.
Refund are not made for any missed service, unused sightseeing trips or meals. In case of problems notify it to the local supplier who will endeavour to put things right.
If this is unsatisfactory please contact us immediately by calling the office.
If for any reason you are still unsatisfied, you must obtain written confirmation by the supplier and follow this up by writing to us with detail of your complain.
Any claims accompanied by supporting documentation must be received in writing within 20 days of the termination of the tour.
Any adjustment will be based only on the actual cost of the services involved.
The contract is governed by Italian law and in case of dispute that we can not settle amicably, exclusive jurisdiction is conferred on the Italian court.
All changes requests received between the date of the service confirmation and until 30 days prior to the date of the service will be considered as a complimentary service, free of charge. For changes requests received within 30 days of the date of the service, Charming Italy will require a change fee of Euro 40 per each adjustment and may require additional fees for museum ticket changes.
Due to extraordinary or to unforeseen circumstances, hotel accommodation, sightseeing, cooking classes, wine tours, guided tours, transfers, are subject to change.
Charming Italy reserve the right, to alter or omit any part of the itinerary, to substitute hotels or tour leaders or means of transportation or location for cooking classes and wine tours, without notice and without allowance of refund.
Individual reservations are subject to a 30/100 Euro non refundable booking fee.
Check with your foreign consulate, embassy and passport agency for the latest visa requirements.
Valid passports are required for all passengers.
Airport – just outside the custom clearance area, our driver holding a signboard with your last name on it welcomes you.
Train Station – just as you come down from the train, simply walk towards the head of the train where you will see our driver waiting with a signboard with your name right on the platform where the train pulls in.
Dock - our driver will meet you at the disembark of your cruise ship holding a signboard with your last name on it.
- When you book a transfer to reach an Airport, please consider that 180 minutes are required to check-in for International Flight and 60 minutes are required for Domestic Flight
- Infants aged 1 and under are free of charge. Infant seats are available. Please advise at the time of booking if there are children needing a car seat upon special request.
- For transfer between 8:00 pm and 7:00 am a surcharge will be applied.
- Where a private transfer has been booked and the flight is delayed, 1 hour of complimentary waiting time is provided.
- After this time the client will be liable for a waiting charge for each additional hour or part thereof. This charge must be settled prior to the vehicle's departure.
- If in the customs area you need more time than necessary to come out due to luggage return delays or reporting lost luggage, either call us at our office number to advise or ask the customs police officer to let you come out for just a moment to advise your driver that you are reporting lost luggage and will need more time.
- If you do not call us to meet your driver after 1 hour after the landing time, the car will be dismissed and you will be billed for a “No Show”.
- Passengers are not responsible for flight delays, we are not responsible for airlines updating their arrival times.
- If your flight is cancelled, if you have missed your flight or if you miss the scheduled transfer for any reason, you have lost your transfer. No refund will be made under this situation as our driver will have been there for you. You will be charged the full fee for the missed transfer and you are not entitled to a refund. Please note you may have to book a new transfer to get to your destination.
- Charming Italy use services provided by different car companies we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply.
- Charming Italy reserves the right (and delegates to the chauffeurs the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behavior is considered to pose a threat to the chauffeur, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
- Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles.
- Smoking is not permitted in the vehicles.
- Charming Italy will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Charming Italy will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under Italian law. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers' property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
- Charming Italy will endeavour to carry the passenger with the minimum discomfort and inconvenience to his/her destination shown on the confirmation document. However circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility. The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our control:
- accidents causing delays to the vehicle
- restricted vehicular access
- exceptional or severe weather conditions
- compliance with requests of the police
- deaths and accidents on the road
- vandalism and terrorism
- unforeseen traffic delays
- industrial action by third parties
- problems caused by other customers
- the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
- other circumstances affecting passenger safety
- If Charming Italy fail for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Charming Italy will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Charming Italy for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi
We strongly suggest to provide your own travel insurance to protect yourself and your travel investment and to ensure peace of mind, before, during and after your trip.
Also we recommend a medical and personal insurance to cover medical expenses and loss of baggage or personal belonging.
This site is intended for persons who are over 18 years of age.
When you make a reservation with us, we ask you to provide us with personal information such as your name, address, city, state, zip, phone number, birth date, destinations to which you would like to travel and travel activities of interest to you.
This information is collected on the registration form so that your request of services can be secured.
When someone other than yourself is accompanying you on travel purchased through Charming Italy, we may collect information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Charming Italy with their full names, contact numbers, e-mail addresses, and travel preferences, as they will be unable to directly access our systems to view or change any information you provide on their behalf.
Your e-mail address is collected to send you an e-mail message confirming your online reservation with us.
From time to time you will also receive emails informing you about the promotional marketing communications.
These emails come directly from Charming Italy.
You may always decline to receive these emails at any time simply by contacting us at email@example.com.
We do inform you that the Italian Legislative Decree D.LGS. no. 196 of 30/06/2003 ("Policy on personal data protection") specifically provides for the protection of persons and other subjects in matter of personal data processing and use.
- Personal data and information provided to us will be collected and used to book all tour, sightseeing, excursions, hotel and any kind of services on the site www.charmingitaly.net
- Your personal information is stored in secure database at secure addresses that are suitable to guarantee maximum security, integrity and privacy .We do not pass your information to third parties for marketing purpose
- Providing of data for the purposes mentioned at point 1 is compulsory, and their absence means the impossibility to establish and continue the relationship. Moreover, any request of cancellation of any data necessary to perform the obligations provided by contract/s and by law, or rather the refusal to provide said data, cause the impossibility to continue any relationship even with contract/s in force.
- Data can be provided to the following subjects:
- Person in charge of personal data processing to meet obligations provided either by present and future contract/s effective with you or by law;
- Banks and credit institutes for money transfers and banking transactions;
- Insurance companies selected by the Management with the sole object of insurance policy;
- Natural or legal persons involved in the process for the completion of the booking contract (eg. hotels, company car, tour guides,)
- Other subjects that can perform data processing on behalf of the Management.
- The Management entitled to personal data processing is Charming Italy Tour Operator, based and located in Via Guelfa, 48 Rosso
50129 Firenze .
- At any time, you can exercise your rights towards the Management entitled to data processing, according to art.7 of the Italian D. LGS. 196/2003, that we entirely report hereunder for your reference:
Art. 7 - Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, Right to accede to personal data and other rights
- The party concerned is entitled to have confirmation of the existence or not of personally-identifiable information and sensitive data, even if not yet processed, and of their communication in a proper and comprehensible form.
- The party concerned is entitled to have information on:
- the origin of personal data;
- the purposes and conditions of data processing;
- the logic used in case of data processing performed by electronic instruments;
- the essential elements identifying the Management, the persons in charge and the appointed representative according to art.5, paragraph 2;
- the subjects or the subject categories to whom personal data can be notified or that can become acquainted with them as appointed representative in a country and territory or as person in charge;
- The party concerned is entitled to obtain:
- the updating, the amendment, or rather, when there is an interest, the integration of data;
- the cancellation, the conversion into an anonymous form or the restriction of data processed transgressing the law, including those that do not require to be guarded/kept in relation to the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
- the confirmation that the appointed persons, to whom personal data have been already notified or released, have been acquainted, contents included, with the actions taken under a) and b), excepting the case where to fulfil this obligation would be impossible or involve means clearly too excessive compared with the protected right.
- The party concerned is entitle to oppose, completely or in part:
- for legitimate reasons, to personal data processing, even if pertaining to collection purposes;
- to personal data processing with the object of advertising or direct selling or making market research or commercial information.
- The party concerned is entitled to have confirmation of the existence or not of personally-identifiable information and sensitive data, even if not yet processed, and of their communication in a proper and comprehensible form.
Be kindly informed that, according to art. 24 of the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, no authorization is required for the processing of personal data given to us and necessary to meet obligations provided either by law or present and future contract/s effective with you.
Rentals run from Saturday to Saturday (unless otherwise agreed)
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE TERMS:
- Arrival Times: between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm (unless otherwise agreed upon – please advise if needed).
Late Arrivals: After 7:00 pm an extra charge can be applied. After 10:00 pm it will be not possible to arrange check in.
- Departure Times: before 10.00 am (unless otherwise agreed – please advise if needed)
- Any delays or variations must be communicated at least 48 hours before arrival.
- No refund will be given if the guest is unable to take up residence in the property on the expected day or at the scheduled time owing to travel problems. The same rule applies to early departure.
DEPOSIT AND BALANCE PAYMENT:
Deposit and Balance are due by bank wire as follows:
· From 30% to 50% (in relation to the property) of the total amount within 5 days of receipt of contract indicating confirmation of option.
· Balance due 60 days before first day of rental period
· If your stay begins within 60 days of your scheduled arrival, the total balance is due within 5 days of receipt of contract indicating confirmation of option.
· Please note that wire transfer payments to Charming Italy Tour Operator may incur additional surcharges applied for an international transfer in addition to making a transfer in EURO – contact your bank for terms and conditions relative to your account.
Your booking will become a confirmed reservation upon receipt of the deposit and the signed copy of the contract returned to our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The contract is confirmed by payment of the deposit; in the event of failure to pay within the terms of the above-mentioned deadlines, the rental will be considered cancelled.
In the case your rental agreement begins within 60 days of your scheduled arrival, the entire amount of the rental must be paid to finalize the contract.
Failure to pay the balance of the rental (within 60 days prior to arrival) leads to automatic cancellation of the rental and the loss of the deposit on the 59th day.
Deposit is non refundable
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before the arrival date: charge of the 100% (deposit already paid to confirm the booking)
- Cancellation received between 60 days and scheduled arrival day: charge of 100% of the total price.
In order to concur with the above conditions any cancellation requests/declarations must be received in writing.
We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance at the time of initial payment to protect yourself in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds for unavoidable events according to the terms of your insurance policy.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances (i.e. catastrophic event(s) - force majeure), we reserve the right to void this contract, and refund the full amount paid.
We highly recommend travel insurance to both protect your investment prior to your arrival as well as to assist in the event of medical emergency, lost baggage, cancelled trip or any other trip-related issue.
Upon receipt of the sum agreed upon and outlined above, we will forward the guest all details pertinent to reaching the property, meet and greet and on site contact name and contact details. Although prepared with the utmost care, the descriptions and photographs of the properties are indicative, and may be subject to changes.
CLEANING AND ORDER
The entire property must be delivered and left clean and in order. Crockery and other equipment in the house (such as furniture and fixtures - including but not exclusive to chairs, blankets, etc.) must not be used or transported out of the property confines. Candles and oil burners are not permitted inside the house and must be used with great care on paved terraces.
After delivery, repairs of breakdowns caused by the Clients and those of ordinary maintenance (resolution of plumbing issues (ie clogged toilets or sinks due to misuse), damages to furniture/fixtures/equipment and to the property itself, stains on mattresses and bed covers, broken crockery) will be charged to the Clients and the amounts will be deducted directly from the security deposit. In situations where additional time is required to assess total damages and cause for said damages, the custodian of the property will retain the entire security deposit and will return any remaining balance together with receipts detailing the expenditures for repairs carried out following the departure of the Client.
A refundable security deposit must be paid on cash upon arrival and will be held in a non-interest bearing account. Without said deposit the property owner is entitled to refuse Client access to the property.
In the event that any piece or part of the property (including furniture, fixtures, decorations, structure, equipment, etc.) is lost or damaged or any extra service has been requested and/or executed for or on behalf of the Client in residence, the owner or his delegate will deduct the amount from the deposit which will either in it’s entirety or its resulting balance, be refund upon check out. Judgment as to the condition of the property is left to the sole discretion of the owner. Should any damages exceed the amount of the Security Deposit, the Client agrees to pay the additional charges upon demand based on signing this contract.
UTILITIES AND OTHER EXTRAS:
All extra services specified above and/or on Final Voucher are payable in advance to Charming Italy Tour Operator. All said extras due in advance to Charming Italy Tour Operator will be itemized on your Confirmation Voucher. Any additional extras due in local currency will be itemized on your Balance Invoice prior of your departure upon request.
All telephone land-line charges, whether from telephone or fax are your sole responsibility. Long distance charges must be put on a credit card, calling card, phone card or similar billing method. Direct-dialing long distance calls from the house will result in our holding your Security Deposit for up to 14 weeks.
If Utilities are per-usage based on your contract package listed above; meters will be read on arrival and departure and the exact charges will be due on departure. If you leave without being checked out as arranged, you risk the forfeiture of your entire Security and/or Extras Deposit. We will deduct the cost of any unpaid utilities and telephone charges from your Security Deposit if the correct amount is not left in cash on departure.
Staff services are included and excluded as specified on your contract package listed above. Additional cleaning and cooking services are usually available by separate payment. If you arrange in advance for additional services, you will be responsible for the charges, even if you cancel. Payment terms are the same as stated above for utilities. Please give us as much notice as possible for these services.
Some properties require an Extras Deposit for such purposes as having funds available to the house staff on or before arrival for advance shopping, arrival dinner, defraying the costs of utilities and the like. In the event of an Extra Deposit our staff will inform you of the amount upon arrival. The Extras Deposit, if applicable, is to be paid with the balance payment of the property rental. Extras Deposit funds will be accounted for in full by the end of the stay. Remaining Extras Deposit funds will be returned to you by Charming Italy Tour Operator or by the owner / key holder of the property simultaneously with the return of your remaining Security Deposit.
All properties are checked regularly by Charming Italy Tour Operator representatives to ensure that they meet the required standards and that they are accurately reflected in descriptions and promotional material. Whilst the company will do all that is reasonably possible to ensure that properties comply with descriptions or to rectify any problems which arise as a result of changes to properties and/or chattels, it cannot accept responsibility for last minute changes or variations outside of its control. Complaints should be filed within 24 hours of any occurrence (of the cause of the complaints arising) to the area representative or directly to Charming Italy Tour Operator in writing, who will endeavor to resolve the problem(s), or find an alternative solution. Complaints giving rise to claims for compensation must be directed to our office in writing within 24 hours of the end of the rental period. Claims arising outside of this period will be rendered invalid. In addition, should the client leave the property for whatever reason prior to contracted period without notifying Charming Italy Tour Operator in writing beforehand, any claims for compensation are rendered null and void.
It is important that clients understand and acknowledge that many of the villas have a historical value, and are furnished with antiques and period furniture which are different from today's modern furnishings and appliances. In addition, many of the properties have inherent dangers such as swimming pools, dry stone walls, un-gated access to roads, staircases, unfenced drops etc. These properties offer the opportunity to the client to live for a short time in a different world where tradition and history form a part of the local life and culture. Neither Charming Italy Tour Operator nor the property Owners can accept any liability for accidents occurring. The Client must accept full responsibility and take all necessary safety precautions. Equally, no claims of any sort will be entertained in the event of incidents or accidents occur whilst occupants or guests are under the influence of alcohol or any non-therapeutic drug.
We decline responsibility for any modifications made by the owners without our knowledge. We also do not accept responsibility for the breakdown of the supply of utilities or other essential services though we will, through our local agents, use our best efforts to arrange for these problems to be solved. Such an inconvenience does not entitle you to a refund, but if you must be moved to a hotel for the duration of repairs, that cost will be borne by Charming Italy Tour Operator and/or the property Owners. If you have any problem during your stay, please phone the Charming Italy Tour Operator representative listed on your travel voucher. Charming Italy Tour Operator must be notified within 24 hours of the occurrence giving rise to the claim and must then be notified in writing before you vacate the premises. Complaints lodged at the end of the rental period will not be taken into consideration. Should you abandon the property without authorization from owner or local Charming Italy Tour Operator representative you will lose all rights to compensation.
The client, signing the Booking Form, is responsible for the correct and decent behavior of his/her entire party in residence. Should the person and his/her party behave in such a manner that is not acceptable by civilized standards, the property Owner or Charming Italy Tour Operator representative may ask the person and his/her party to vacate the house without compensation.
Access to swimming pools is denied to any kind of pets and to any children younger than age 10 or younger without adult supervision. Guest swim at their own risk at all times.
Outdoor swimming pools are open from May to October (depending on weather conditions).
The property Owner or Charming Italy Tour Operator representatives reserve the right to inspect the property at any time during the rental period in order to continue to preserve the cleanness and order of the Villa.
In the unlikely event of cancellation by the owner for reasons not having to do with the incorrect behavior of clients nor through any other fault of the client and if an acceptable alternative is not found then the Owner must issue a full refund.
Only those persons listed on the Booking Form may use the property. The number of people must not exceed the number of sleeping places indicated in the property listing. Infants in portable cribs can sometimes be accommodated over and above the number of persons permitted but this must be explicitly agreed to in advance before balance payment is due. Clients are responsible for providing portable cribs. Should a representative of the Owner or of Charming Italy Tour Operator find any violations to this clause, it is totally up to her/his discretion to ask the client to vacate the house without compensation. Photocopies of passports for all guests must be provided in advance to comply with local Italian law.
Charming Italy Tour Operator will not be liable for any claims, actions, injuries, damages, loss, delays, or expenses arising out of or resulting from any of the following: any act or omission of any third-party contractor supplying services on your trip, including but not limited to transportation, hotel, food, or sightseeing services; strikes; the failure of aircraft, watercraft, or any other means of transportation to arrive or depart as scheduled.
This contract is governed by the laws of the Italian Courts, which have exclusive jurisdiction over any claims, disputes or other matters in question between the parties. In the event of litigation. In the case of any controversy which may arise, the competent authority shall be the Court of Florence - Italy.
We highly suggest you purchase travel insurance upon day of first payment.
Thank you !
Italy Rent Villas by Charming Italy Tour Operator
Via Guelfa, 48R
All rights reserved.
Charming Italy Tour Operator
Via Guelfa, 48 Rosso
Tel. +39 055 0763667
VAT code: 07798911215
Camera di Commercio: 911502
Bank: Banca Sella
Insurance Coverage: Assicurazioni Generali SpA